New Hampshire is an exceptional place to live and raise a happy family, and I want to keep it that way for generations to come. Live Free or Die is more than a motto, it's a commitment. Ronald Reagan said it best:
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
The Granite State is wonderfully unique among its New England neighbors. Essential to the NH Advantage is election integrity, therefore I fully support common-sense measures to ensure that we accurately count one vote per eligible New Hampshire citizen.
Another key to success is a vibrant economy. Whereas every dollar of the state budget was first earned through the creativity and hard work of individual taxpayers, I consider it the moral obligation of every legislator to spend frugally and wisely, considering fiscal impacts and always watching for ways to economize. I will:
- keep New Hampshire free of an income tax, in whatever guise;
- cut regulations and red tape that strangle free enterprise;
- support Right to Work legislation;
- reduce taxes and oppose taxpayer funding for abortions;
- take opportunities to return any surplus funds to taxpayers.
Economies flourish when all people retain as much of their hard-earned income as possible, to spend or invest as they see fit.(Read More)
I believe in human dignity from conception to natural death. That means I will work for:
- compassionate solutions for mothers facing unplanned and crisis pregnancies that are not predicated on ending a human life, including adoption, counseling and education, and safe haven laws;
- a humane, effective and accountable foster care system;
- quality care and support for veterans who offered their lives in defense of freedom;
- health care that does not intentionally cause harm or death.
We cannot diminish the value of one human life without diminishing the value of all human life.
With Senator Rand Paul at the 2016 NH March for Life
Both the United States and the State of New Hampshire guarantee individual liberty in their founding documents. This is a bedrock principle. To preserve the God-given right of self-governance, I unequivocally support freedom of speech and worship. That means:
- rejection of the so-called "cancel culture"
- individual medical autonomy
- conscience protections to live and work without compromising religious beliefs
- freedom of association
- barriers to federal government overreach
Furthermore, I recognize that parents have the primary right and responsibility to raise and educate their children. I will advocate for:
- school choice
- local control of education
- curriculum transparency
The NH and US Constitutions were written by our forefathers to limit our government, not our freedom.(Read More)
I support the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution. I will:
- defend the rights of law-abiding firearm owners;
- oppose licensing and registration of firearms;
- support right-to-carry reciprocity with other states;
- oppose bans targeting select firearms, accessories and ammunition.
Article 2(a) of the NH Constitution is crystal clear:
All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property and the state.